Monday, January 21, 2013

Meet Our Communication Manager



I am going to be real honest with you all and let you know that I had no idea blogs even existed until January of 2010. This was only two months before I decided to start my own. I was 8 months pregnant with my first child and constantly browsing the internet in search of something to keep me busy during nap time at my nanny job. I had hopped on a couple "mommy" websites and forums to help prepare myself before Josiah's arrival, when one forum led to another, and I found my first "mommy blog." I was HOOKED. After finding a few favorites and then delving into the handmade community of blogs for about a month, I knew it was something I wanted to be apart of, especially now that I'd have more time at home once Josiah arrived.

I was welcomed in with open arms to a community of new moms, handmade business owners, and Christian bloggers. These online friends would be the ones keeping me company during my 3am feedings, sleepless nights, and long days home alone with Josiah and Lucia. They were the ones that encouraged me to be creative during my free time, give me advice on how to handle my baby's diaper rashes, and provide the perfect scripture for those hard days of motherhood when I needed it most.

Over the years, I've grown to have a really special connection with this online community. The women I've met through social media have taught me so much about the mother, wife, daughter, and friend God has called me to be. And since becoming involved with the Influence Conference last year, I've now realized how much my own voice/blog can influence others. This has made me think more critically about how I want to use my voice online, who I am called to influence, and the impact my story has to make much of Jesus. Social media has helped push me to become the woman I'm called to be. Therefore, I'm super honored to serve as the Communication Manager for The Influence Network. My role is to encourage conversation and community through our social media outlets and provide resources that enable our tribe of women to discover their purpose online and offline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...